And in local music news

Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Today the lineup for the 2009 ACL Music Festival was released and I have to say I am pretty impressed. Here are the bands I am looking forward to seeing in October...

* Pearl Jam - have not seen them in over 10 years
* Beastie Boys
* Kings of Leon - have missed them the last few times they have been in town
* Ben Harper and the Relentless7
* Thievery Corporation - always have an amazing live set
* The Dead Weather - interested to see Jack White's new band
* Sonic Youth
* Toadies
* Citzen Cope
* The Decemberists
* STS9 - been a few years since I saw them last
* Bon Iver
* MMW - thankfully they finally return to Austin
* Michael Franti & Spearhead - How you feelin'
* Heartless Bastards - missed them at SXSW
* Dan Auerbach - can his solo stuff be as good as the Black Keys?
* Dr. Dog
* The Knux - a little rap at ACL
* School of Seven Bells - enjoyed them at SXSW

Plus the many bands that I am sure I will learn about between now and then. So this is who I like, how about you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment