Night Rider

Friday, August 7, 2009


The last two nights I have started to ride at night in preparation for the 24 Hours of Booty in late September. And let me tell you it is fun. I have never ridden at night but with the full moon I thought it was the perfect time to give it a try. Each night I went to the veloway at approximately 8:30 and got in a single lap at dusk. Then it was turn out the lights, bring out the moon, and light up the stars.

Let me tell you I had more fun riding at night then I have had in a really long time on a bike. Since it was dark and I had to slow down I did not worry about speed, did not wear a heart rate monitor and just rode. Just like a kid. Even had a root beer float after Wednesday's ride.

So if you have never ridden at night I would highly suggest it. Especially if you have a closed loop with no vehicular traffic. Get yourself a relatively inexpensive headlight and get out and ride, even if it is 10 at night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment